Saturday 25 March 2023

Daily Mail: Jason Manford teases return of ICONIC game show

Story from Daily Mail:

Jason Manford has hinted at the return of an iconic BBC game show - 21 years after its final series aired.

The comedian, 41, revealed that he would make a 'good host' following in the footsteps of the late great Sir Bruce Forsyth.

Speaking to TV Mag, Jason said: The only show I would have a smash at, if it came up, is The Generation Game'.

The classic show featured pairs of family members across generations who compete in silly tasks and challenges to win prizes that were later displayed on the famous conveyor belt.

'If that came up again, and they wanted me to do it, I would definitely be up for that.

'I feel like I would be good at it. I'm not a big fan of celebrity shows and all that – I like regular people'.


The late Sir Bruce Forsyth hosted the show between 1971 and 1977 before being replaced by Larry Grayson who fronted the show 1978-1982.

Bruce then returned to the series from 1990 and 1995 before Jim Davidson helmed the series from 1995-2002.

Back in 2018 the game show returned briefly with a panned reboot hosted by Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.

Controversial comedian Jim criticised the new hosts of the much-loved TV show as being 'not right' for the programme which used to draw audiences of 25million.